Since 2018, Ascent has brought together over 12,000 SaaS executives at our Annual Ascent Conference, quickly becoming one of the most anticipated and highly regarded SaaS conferences in the US. In 2021, we grew from just one annual conference to eight total events covering functions including cybersecurity, finance, human capital, marketing, sales, and product, with many more product offerings and events set to launch in the coming year.
We’re growing fast, with massive opportunities for people with hustle to make a big impact on the company and their career while networking with some of the top thought leaders and tech companies in the country.
Ascent is looking for hustlers and hunters to help us sell virtual and in-person event sponsorships to companies who want access to our audience of senior SaaS and tech leaders. It’s a simple and short sales cycle, selling to an audience that wants and needs what we have to offer. We’re doubling the amount of sponsorships available to sell, you’ll have a massive greenfield territory to sell into, and uncapped commissions so the earning potential opportunity is massive for someone with the right drive.
This role would make a great role for a successful SDR who is ready to make the jump to Account Executive or a hungry AE who knows how to hunt for new business and wants more responsibility, remote flexibility, and growth opportunities. You don’t necessarily need closing experience but you do need to have hustle, business acumen, and be well-versed in connecting with decision-makers at tech companies.
Finally, we need someone with an entrepreneurial mindset — We’re an early-stage startup so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook, we want you to help build it.
About The Role
- Sell sponsorship packages ranging from $5k-50k+
- Base + commission
- Uncapped commissions + greenfield territory
- Role is fully remote with no plans to move to an office
- Sell, sell, sell (and earn commissions)!
- Start selling, closing, and earning commissions in month one
- Identify high-potential prospects and use cold outbound strategies to generate new opportunities via phone, email, LinkedIn, social, and other channels
- Work with SDR team on account targeting, prioritization, and messaging
- Manage a full pipeline, from lead to close
- Partner with marketing, customer success, and executive teams to streamline the customer experience scale the company.
- Work directly with the VP of Sales and CEO to refine sales processes and playbook
- Use Salesforce and other leading sales tools to manage your pipeline
- Outbound sales and lead generation experience
- Great communicator and fluent in written and spoken English
- Business acumen and excellent phone presence
- Desire to network with executives at leading SaaS companies
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, and learn new tools and strategies along the way
- Thrive when given freedom and autonomy
- Excited about working in a startup environment
Experience (you don’t need everything, but you at least need a couple)
- Experience with outbound sales (email, phone, and social)
- Experience in a closing role
- Experience as an SDR
- Experience selling software
- Experience selling event sponsorships or in the B2B event space
- Experience selling to SaaS or tech companies
- Experience at a high-growth startup
- Experience using Salesforce and other sales tools like Salesloft and Outreach
How to Apply
When you apply, please describe your relevant experience (from the list above) and why it makes you a great fit as an Account Executive for Ascent Conference. If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications but think you would be a great fit, apply anyways and tell us why. We value hustle over credentials any day of the week.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Please provide a link to your LinkedIn account
- Describe your relevant experience (from the list above) and why it makes you a great fit as an Account Executive for Ascent Conference
- Fully Remote