ARR, CAC/LTV, Net Retention & other Investor Metrics: Preparing for your Next Capital Raise
The fundraising landscape for SaaS and cloud companies is changing rapidly in 2022. IPOs are drying up, new rounds are slowing, and valuations are declining as VC/PE firms grow more conservative with their investment strategies. Strong financial metrics will be one of the key factors separating those that get the raise they want in 2022 and those that don’t. Join this session to hear thought leaders from private equity and venture capital firms as well as corporate finance leaders from operating companies discuss strategies for successfully reporting on key investor metrics such as ARR, CAC/LTV, and Net Dollar Retention. Topics will include:
- Which SaaS metrics are most important? How does the focus change as you grow from early-stage to late-stage and pre-IPO?
- What do you prepare for a fund raising round? How do you create a narrative around the data to tell your growth story?
- What are some of the differences in how companies calculate metrics like ARR? Should there be more standardization of the definitions?
- How do you educate the rest of the business around the importance of these KPIs? How do you incentivize alignment outside of finance?
- What are the most common reporting cadences with PE and VC firms? What are the challenges gathering the data and ensuring it is error-free?
Other Videos From This Event
Strategies for Adding Value: How Ramp’s Early Adoption of Stablecoins Increased their Corporate Treasury Returns
5 Insights on How to Scale Your FinOps Tech Stack: Learnings from The SaaS CFO and 240+ Conversations with your Peers